Monday, August 29, 2011

No snazzy title, just an update

Day 2 of no power, water, or cell service. I got out today to go to the surgeon's and had to reroute twice because of giant trees. I almost didn't make it. Not that it would have mattered because she said to keep the drain in (I knew she would) for another few days. I have to get down to 30ml a day and I'm still in the 50s. I'm glad though because when I was logging the fluid yesterday I thought it seemed high to leave inside my body if there was no drain. The drain site isn't infected so I was okay with her leaving it in. Also, I hadn't had anything to eat when I got there and since this one is the deeper (ie, more painful) of the 2 to remove I didn't want pass out.

Otherwise I'm healing okay she said. The outer incisions are closing up nicely. She felt around where I popped the stitches and didn't feel any muscle damage (thank god). She said she puts multiple layers in so ripping a few wouldn't make much if a difference. Without tv this recovery just ot a lot harder though!

I'm coming up on 2 weeks and I miss working out so much. I'm more active during the day, I can wake better and for longer. I'll give myself another week before I start to worry about losing strength or stamina. The rest probably wasn't a bad thing and since 2 weeks has gone by so quickly and I'm just *now* starting to feel antsy I know this was one hell of a procedure.

I got a beautiful card today from a friend at xfit. She's such a doll. She was one of the great people who got me to the finish line of the tough mudder. I wouldn't have finished without her, that's for certain. It was so wonderful to read her kind, encouraging words when I'm starting to feel anxious about being out of commission. I know when I'm ready I have friends waiting for me and that is an awesome feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get your power back soon. Ours came back yesterday in the morning. It's crazy out there. And the thought of another hurricane...

    Glad you are healing nicely. The more you post about this, the more I want to get it done. Oh, to have a flat stomach.

    ReplyDelete